About the Virtual Patient Representative Group
About the Patient Group
- Do you have something to say, but don’t have the time to attend meetings?
- Do you have ideas about how to improve your Practice?
- Do you have access to a computer?
If you answered “yes” then join our Virtual Patient Representative Group
As a member of the Virtual Patient Representative Group we will send you emails asking for your opinion on a range of topics.
You decide how often and when you would like to answer.
The Virtual Group provides the wider patient population with the means and the opportunity to get involved in the discussions and actions being taken helping to improve and increase the healthcare services at Bramhall & Shaw Heath Medical Group.
We would be delighted if you would join. By leaving your email details we can contact you every now and again to ask you a question or to pass on information regarding medical services and any changes and news at Bramhall & Shaw Heath Medical Group.
Patient Group Constitution
- The name of the group shall be Bramhall and Shaw Heath Medical Group Virtual Patient Representative Group (BSHMG-VPRG”)
- Membership shall be open to any patient of the Practice. Removal of a patient from the Practice list, for whatever reason, will disqualify continuing membership of the group.
- The Operations Manager and Patient Services Manager will undertake all administration in respect of the group including a list of members & contact details, records of activity, decisions made and financial records relating to any funds raised.
- The objectives of the group shall be to;
- Promote the benefit of the patients of the Practice
- Encourage development and quality of health promotion and health care services
- Liaise with the doctors and staff, other community health workers, Health Authorities and other persons or organisations concerned with health care.
- Extend patient involvement without distinction of gender, race, colour, political, religious, other opinions or characteristics of individuals
- Encourage people to engage with the NHS at the same time as engaging in their own health care.
- Provide practical support for the practice including help with patient surveys, & discussion of results and assistance where requested with for example Flu clinics or similar
- Identifying areas with scope for improvement and contribute to the continuous improvement of services
- Supporting change
- Sharing experience & feeding back
- Link into the community
- Lobby local and other organisations
- The group shall be non-party in politics and non-sectarian in religion. The Group shall at all times respect diversity and will be committed to the principles contained within the Equality Act
- Should the Practice seek a decision from the VPRG, this shall be decided by a simple majority of those responding to a question.
- Any monies raised by or on behalf of the VPRG shall be applied to further the objects of the Group and for no other purpose.
- Any proposal to alter this constitution must be agreed by a simple majority of those members responding to a motion.
- The group is not;
- A forum for individual complaints
- A tool for Implementation of the Governments or any individuals pre-determined agenda
- Unwanted extra workload
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.