New Patient Registration
If you are new to the area and wish to register with Bramhall & Shaw Heath Medical Group
and reside within our practice boundary you may request a registration pack from reception. You must be able to confirm:
- That you are able and willing to attend appointments at both sites
- Have your NHS number (this can be obtained from your previous GP), proof of address and a form of photographic ID
- Next of kin details
- Have a list of current medication (left side of a current prescription)
- Attend a New Patient Health Check for continuity of care
- If you are related to or living with an existing patient of the practice, please mention this.
You may fill in the forms straight away or take them home and return with them at a more convenient time. Forms are also available to download via the above Registering Online tab.
The form will ask you for personal details such as your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, previous address and previous doctor. This information helps quickly trace your medical records and request your records are sent to the practice.
A registration form (GMS1) will need to be completed for each person that wishes to register. If you have your medical card available please attach it to the form.
On the back of your registration form you are given an option to go on a central register as a donor. However as from 1st June 2015 patients wishing to register for organ and blood donations need to self-register on the NHS Blood and Transport website www.nhsbt.nhs.uk
Occasionally, the doctor may not accept you onto the practice list. If this happens, we will inform you of the reason. If you have difficulty registering with a doctor in your area, then contact Stockport Clinical Commissioning Group on: 0161 426 9900.
Guide to GP Services
The Royal College of General Practitioners has produced a useful guide for patients about the services on offer at GP Surgeries and how to access them. You can download the guide below.
A Patient Guide to GP Services